While we absolutely love flipping through stacks of magazines, following fashion week and scouring the web for up to the minute trends and styles, we know not everyone has that same passion...or time (but hey, it's our job!). So we've done the work for you and put together a forecast with a comprehensive guide for what you can expect to see this season, on the racks at AshleGryre and beyond!
The Spring/Summer Fashion Story
SS 19 trends to keep on your radar
- Polka Dots, Mesh, Feathers & Earth Tones
- Hello Yellow! Mini dresses in shades of lemon and mustard yellow
- all the smocking little girl's dreams are made of (carried over from Fall 18)
- Transparent everything - continuing over from this past season, still HOT!
- Power suiting - be a boss in looks that go from desk to drinks.
- Bucket hats and neck scarves and dreamy headbands, oh my!
- All dolled up! If you love frills and flowy things this is your time to shine in feminine silhouettes and statement making ensembles
- Boiler suits (still debating if this will stick)
- Move over mini bag, it's the "shrunken" bag
If you invest in one dress style this season lean towards a more fitted bodycon style with an accent like ruching - feminine and forgiving. You'll see more structured, more bows, puff shoulders, more frills and ladies aren't stopping at that with making their statements. They're adding the unexpected logo neck scarf, mismatch statement earring and something acrylic or pvc, of course! This season is all about challenging yourself to try something new and at the same time, continuing to invest in closet essentials that are timeless and can go a long way, like a blazer.